Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Now I'm starting to get it...

  Now I'm going to skip forward  bit. The reason for this isn't because there are things I'd rather not talk about. It's because up to a month or so ago, it was just the same shit, different day.
  When things started to, I believe, happen due to a higher power is when I started to get a clue. I wasn't completely there and I'm still not. I am and always will be an alcoholic. But I did finally realize after this event took place that I needed help.
   I ended up kissing another man. I came clean to K. Of course I had to, it was the right thing to do and I couldn't live with that like nothing happened. We broke up for a few days. I was, as always, drunk when this happened. I felt like K was distancing himself from me and I needed some kind of comfort. Just someone to talk to. Well, talking let to making out. It didn't go further than that but it should have never even gotten that far.
  

    Now here comes the BIG reason for my wake up call... K threatened to take me to court to get custody of our daughter. If that had happened, I would have either ended up in a loony bin, dead from O.D.ing or dead by my own hands. So then and there I decided to start going to AA. It has so far done wonders for me. If anyone who is reading this believes that alcohol is stronger than themselves and it's turning their lives upside down, find the nearest AA and just try it out. It's not for everyone. But who knows? It may be a god send to you as it is to me.
    I am climbing a huge mountain right now and I'm still fairly close to the bottom of that mountain. but damn it, I AM going to reach the top someday. Even if it takes years, I plan on staying sober. I can't promise anyone anything. I am truly an alcoholic and that power it has on me is stronger than my willpower at times. It hasn't been so far but I haven't been sober long enough to preach or pat myself on the back.
   One minute, hour and day at a time.

    REMEMBER: IT'S NEVER TOO LATE!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment