Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Damn... I sstill have a LONG way to go!

   Today was a very humbling day for me. I was, and still am proud of myself. But the power of alcohol ALMOST got the best of me today. I had the biggest and most threatening craving for alcohol as soon as woke up this morning.
   It was so bad that I had to take my antianxiety medicine to try to calm me down. That didn't work, so I called my sponsor. Thank god for him!!! If it wasn't for, first off, me not giving into the temtation, and second me picking up that phone, I would have3 ended up drunk today.
  i am so greatful for the recorses and knowledge that AA has given me.
  It's funny though.. The other night a fellow AA member said that he head seen so many young people come in and been so enhusiastic and euphoric (which I was). He said that 99,9 % of those people either ended up in jail or dead...
   I of course thought, "That's not going to happen to me! I am serious about geting sober.". Well, I am not as great as I thought.. I had felt like I was already defeated by having such a craving!
  So my message to anyone who reads this and is trying to quit but can't or they just think  they can do it on their own, TRY AA!!!! If you find yourself drinking everyday wether it's just because or because you're so use to drinking in social situations, most of you will end up like me. Not all people who drink every other day is an alcoholic.. Hell maybe even those who have a couple drinks a day may not be.
  But if you find yourself sick of drinking and wondering why you have to do it as much as you do, you are probably an alcoholic... I'm no MD, it's just what I have learned.
   Anyways, I'm babbbeling. Time for bed!! =)

   REMEMBER: IT'S NEVER TOO LATE!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment