Saturday, May 5, 2012

Trying to stay strong

  It's late and I'm tires, so this is going to be short.. i just wanted to let everyone know that I am doing the best I can. I haven't drank in a month and a couple of weeks. For an alcoholic that seems like an eternity. I am still attending AA 5 nights a week  and am getting very involved.
  I am so blessed to have this program at my disposal. It has been like being woken up from a bad dream. Don't get me wrong, it's not all flowers and rainbows..IT'S STILL HARD AS HELL some days. But now when I get a craving o urge to drink I at least stop and think of all of the consequences (i know that's not spelled right..) and those overpower the urge.
  i have been giving coping skills and now know that i am not alone, I'm not crazy. there are millions of alcoholics out there that are and were way worse than i was.. it really is awesome and i would tell anyone who thinks they may have even the smallest idea that may have or may be forming a problem to go to a meeting and at least try it out. it's better to catch it early. Admitting that you might have a problem is hard..but to any younger people who are drinking every day, or even every other day, i would highly recommend going to just one meeting. And the joy of it is.. It's anonymous.. So you wouldn't have to tell a soul. im about to fall asleep typing.. So that's all for now. hell, I'm so tired, i wouldn't be surprised if some of this doesn't make sense... lol

 REMEMBER: IT'S NEVER TOO LATE!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment