Sunday, May 6, 2012

Where to Start?....

 My name is Anna and I am a recovering alcoholic/addict. I'm 26 years old and have a beautiful 3 year old daughter and a fiance' whom I love with all my heart. He loves me just as much as I love him. You may be wondering, "Well, if you have all these things, why turn to drugs or alcohol?" I can answer that with one simple word... SELFISHNESS! 

   So let's rewind to my teenage years. I had no cares in the world. I had a TON of friends and life for me was great!! Little did I know, I was slowly going down into a spiral. I had no idea how the things i was doing were going to effect me later on in life. All I knew was that I was having the time of my life doing what every other normal teen I knew was doing. Which was drinking, smoking pot, taking pills and doing a bit of meth here and there.
 Needless to say, all of those are the reason I didn't graduate high school. After not graduating my self esteem went so far down so fast. That was my first "trigger". I thought all I had left were my junky friends and my drugs and liquor. So that's all I did. At this time I was into meth really bad. So bad that one of my friends had to spoon feed me applesauce because I hadn't eaten in 3 days.
    A year or 2 later I moved to westport where I was still drugging. I didn't really drink then.I was Way too far gone on meth by then. I stayed with a friend there for a while then I moved over to Kansas to stay with another friend who we will call P. She had an extra room and welcomed me with open arms. Oh yeah, and I had never met this woman until the night I moved in with her.. SMH... never the less, we hit it off. She too was addicted to meth. We became pretty close. She was a bit older. I was 17 and she was in her early 30's. Looking back on it now, the only thing we had in common was our drug of choice.
    About  7 or so months there I met a man who we'll call T.C.. We almost immediately got together. He spent most of his time at my apartment when I was trying to quit meth. I was doing VERY good. Then when the two of us decided to move to Indiana where his family was, we had one last "party" with his dad of all people. We were to leave the next morning so we tried to get some rest late that night. While we were resting, his father kept coming in the room thinking we had dealers coming to the window and trying to hide it from him because we didn't want to share with him. He was delirious at this point. By the time morning came T.C.'s father had to go to the emergency room for heart palpitations. We had to go and say goodbye to him in the hospital because we wanted to do dope one last time before we left.
   After that happened, I didn't touch the stuff for a long time.
     I will leave you with that for now. I'll continue my story tomorrow. We haven't even reached the iceberg let alone hit the tip of it.
     REMEMBER: IT'S NEVER TOO LATE!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment